Great Spots for a Romantic Picnic
Arranging a romantic date is never easy and pulling off a picnic really does require some planning. A picnic is, however, a great way to make a relatively cheap setup feel more valuable than the world. Getting a picnic right means having the right foods, the right location, and the perfect date of course. This article considers the ingredients for a perfect picnic.
The food is perhaps the most important part of getting a picnic right. It needs to include things which are tasty but which are importantly not messy and not difficult to eat. Getting something like a gift basket can work extremely well because it will include wine and small things which can easily be nibbled on. Sandwiches would work as well but they can be rather cumbersome to eat during a romantic date where you will possibly be feeding each other and staring longingly into each other’s eyes.
One ingredient that it is certainly worth taking is strawberries. Strawberries are one of the most romantic foods and they will certainly lift the mood as you feed one another under the shade or as the sun sets in the distance.
Getting the right location for a date is a difficult process. Not just anywhere will do because the situation needs to be perfect to make the best impression. One of the key elements of pulling this off is to keep your date in the dark about your location. Get that special person in the car and make sure that the picnic items are hidden in the boot. Driving your date to the location should be a time of suspense to make the arrival all the more special.
The key principals to finding a good location are:
- Height. It is important to be high up so that the area in which you sit commands good views.
- Vegetation. Picnics are far more romantic when surrounded by greenery and nature. Look for somewhere that will provide shade if you are out during a sunny day.
- Privacy. Privacy is an important element of a romantic picnic. It will not set the right tone or mood if children are playing in the background or a dog comes sniffing at your food.
Within Australia there is such a huge array of areas that are perfect for a picnic that you could find one literally anywhere. Herein we will consider best areas of Sydney to wow your date with a bouquet of flowers and a romantic picnic:
- The Blue Mountains are spoiled with areas perfect for a picnic. There is a huge array of places that provide the perfect privacy and the most amazing views. A meal upon Flat Rock is one that will be remembered throughout your relationship and beyond.
- Wollongong, or rather slightly above Wollongong, is another perfect place in which to wow your lady. The luscious views from atop the valley are the perfect romantic setting for a daytime picnic.
Night time picnics can also be wonderfully romantic, but they need to take place in slightly different locations. Mrs Macquarie’s Point in Sydney is a great place for a romantic picnic and the views over Sydney CBD will be something that you’ll never forget. The lights in the city will provide the perfect scenery and some candles around your picnic blanket will make the mood all the more romantic.